**Warning! Lots of bragging in this post!**
We took Emily to her one year well child visit last Friday. In regards to growth, she is doing well. No surprise, she's still tall and skinny, according to the percentile ratings. 90th percentile in height (30 1/2") and 10th percentile in weight (18 lbs). Our pediatrician wasn't concerned about the low %ile in weight. She actually said it was great.
Emily survived her shots, and Mommy & Daddy did too.
Now, on to the serious bragging...when the doctor asked me if she had started saying any words yet, I told her she has about 15 words. She was very impressed, saying that the normally developing 18 month old should have only 8 words! After her shots, Emily also wowed the nurse with some of her words, which include several animal sounds.
Emily really is picking up speech very quickly. As I said, she loves animal sounds, and probably says those the most, but some of her other words include:
-duck ("du")
-cracker ("t-ckr")
-water ("drdr")
-diaper ("didi")
-door ("do")
-Bible ("bibuh")
I'm sure my pitiful attempts at spelling her pronunciation leave you guessing at how they really sound.
Emily is also very quickly picking up simple signs, which helps so much with communication during meal time, especially. She gets very excited when we respond to her requests for "more" and "please". It's such a joy to experience!
Here is some video of her saying a few of her words and signs. I couldn't upload it as one long video, so I had to break it into 3.
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
SERIOUSLY.....the smartest baby EVER! and so CUTE, too! we love Emily...yaaaaaay :)
I like telling people that I have the smartest baby for a niece!!! Not only the smartest but also the best eater and the best behaved! She is such a well rounded child ;)
You guys are so sweet! Thank you!!
What adorable videos. :)
Precious! I love the "Mooo" - so enthusiastic! Maybe she can help teach Emory too. :P
Oh my goodness. She's so smart. Makes me feel like Ella is way behind.
Chris is constantly telling her, "Say words, Ella. Say words."
:)
Post a Comment