Yes, I am going to be one of those annoying moms who says the age of her child in months until she's almost 3 years old. I'm sorry, but it helps me feel like she's still a baby when I say it that way.
Emily turned 13 months old on Monday. Time really is flying by these days; this year has gone by in the blink of an eye! Our biggest advances over the past month have been with language development. I've heard several people say that a child will either walk first or talk first. Emily is definitely a talker...and that is just fine with me! :) She really doesn't seem that interested in walking lately, since she's started "crawling" (she still scoots on her bottom).
But she is saying so many words now that I've lost count. They're all approximations of course, but her articulation is surprisingly good on some of the words. The funniest word that she attempts to say is "cheese". She compensates very well for the fact that literally every sound in that word is too difficult for her to articulate. I'll let the video explain...
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are soooo annoying. :P That is hilarious! And you're right, that is a very good, if not silly, approximation! :)
That was so cute. :D (And I still say Lydia's age in months, lol. A 25-month-old 2-year-old is way different than a 35-month-old 2-year-old. :p)
Good point, Andrea! I knew there had to be a better justification for saying months vs. years than the one I was using. :)
Hannah, does your adorable little girl not have any clothes??? ;)
Post a Comment