So, last night, I'm sitting on the couch "flying" Emily over my head. When there is suddenly a gush of spit-up all over my face, shirt, and in my mouth. Thank goodness Kyle was there to grab a burp cloth and wipe my eyes so I could open them!
Poor Emily must have thought I was mad at her with how quickly I put her down. She was very still for a few moments. Daddy took her and did what he does best...made her smile :), while I went to wash my face and change clothes.
I can't say that I'm sorry there's no picture to post with this. It was disgusting.
So far I've been pooped on, drooled on, and spit-up on...this definitely won the gross factor!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This one time when Lydia was about 2-3 months or so, I was nursing her at church. I had just nursed her like an hour before or so, and she hadn't "asked" to eat again yet, but I wanted to top off her tummy anyway in hopes that she'd last through the service. So I nursed her, then sat her up to burp her, and I have never seen such vast quantities of spitup, lol. That was the very last time I ever thought of "topping her off." I had a second outfit for her, but none for me, so I got to stay wet during church.
Oh no! That has been one of my fears. Somehow we've been able to dodge that one so far. I've yet to bring an extra outfit for me anywhere, although I know it would be wise!
WHOA.
That was a crazy "visual"!
:-)
Layla
Post a Comment