Can it be possible that our little girl is already 1/2 a year old?? Time is flying by, and we are trying to soak up every second of it. I am thankful every day that I am able to stay home with Emily. I haven't missed a single precious moment of her waking up, smiling, exploring, moving, "talking", laughing, or - now most recently - reaching out for me to hold her. (My heart melts every time!)
It is amazing to see Emily's personality developing. She loves to laugh but can also be very serious...(it's almost scary how straight her face can be despite all of our attempts to make her smile sometimes) but that's usually just when she's tired. Emily is the loudest when she is playing with her daddy. She loves to be tickled and kissed by him!
Emily is sooo close to being able to sit up independently! And when we put our hands on her feet during tummy time, she is able to push off and army crawl. She gets so excited to reach things on her own. It's cute! She's also begun to babble a little bit...I'll have to get some on video and post it for everyone to hear. :)
As a side note...Emily and I spent our first day apart on Friday. I covered for one of the speech pathologists at Baylor, where I used to work. I was pretty nervous about it, because we hadn't been apart for more than just a few hours up to that point. Also, I hadn't worked since Emily was born, so I was wondering if I had forgotten how to do my job!! :P Thankfully, Kyle stayed home to care for her and brought her up for me to feed her at lunch (she never has taken a bottle!), so I didn't have to go ALL day without seeing her. Emily was so good for Kyle, too. They had a great day of bonding together. And the work day went very smoothly for me. It was answered prayer all the way around!
But, at the end of the day, I was and am still so very thankful that I am able to be a full-time mom. While I am learning more and more each day that this job is the most challenging one I will ever have, it is also the greatest privilege and blessing to be Emily Claire Bennett's mommy!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
6 Months!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Okay...you're REALLLLY making me want to be a Mommy, Hannah!
:-)
Layla
I can't believe how big she is! I have so enjoyed following your blog, Hannah. I love to see what Emily is doing now so that I know what to expect Ella to do next. :)
It only gets better from here on out. :)
Post a Comment