
Emily turned 11 months old on Wednesday! I don't want to steal all of the thunder from next month, but here are a couple of updates.
First word: We decided that Emily said her first word @ 10 months. "Duck." :) We have a creek near our house where a lot of ducks and geese live, and she loves to go down there and look at them. She doesn't get the /k/ sound at the end of the word, but she's definitely saying duck and knows that the word labels the object. She's saying a few other words and making lots of "nonword" sounds too. Babbling is great fun!
Her signing has really picked up too. She's now signing the following words with varying levels of consistency: hi/bye, milk, more, please, all done, (ceiling) fan.
Cruising: Emily's gotten really good at walking while holding on to objects. She's much more comfortable if we are holding onto her hands, but she has also gotten braver using furniture. Grandma got her a push toy/walker for her upcoming birthday, and we were really excited to see her take off with it. Unfortunately, she's scared to death of it right now! She immediately starts crying as soon as we stand her up to it.
We've given up on seeing any crawling. She gets around surprisingly well between rolling, scootching herself on her bottom while in a sitting position, or pulling up to standing and cruising.
I had Emily outside this morning. She loves to stand and look out between the slats of the fence. This time she decided to start walking along the fence line. I managed to get a few seconds of it on video. You can see at the end what happens when she realizes I'm recording it instead of helping her. It's funny...she can just look at me and instantly become completely helpless!
She's kind of a Momma's girl these days!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness! That video is awesome. She is really moving so well! And she looks so pitiful at the end - what a cutie. That is the most adorable picture ever of you two at the bottom! I can't believe she's almost one!
Holy cow. I can't get over how cute that video is! She's just too much.
I LOVE this pic of you and her, two beauties!!
Post a Comment