This past Saturday was the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. My sister-in-law, mom, Emily, and I completed the 5K. It was so much fun! Although, about 1/2 way through the race I began to wonder if I was going to make it...3 miles is a lot further than I have walked in a lot longer time than I'd like to mention. And of course I forgot to pack a snack!
There were an estimated 20,000 participants in the race. If you can imagine that many people trying to get down the same street at the same time...it was pretty crazy, but so inspirational. Many people had signs on their backs stating they were running "in memory" or "in celebration" of friends or family. And many of the participants were cancer survivors themselves. I'm so glad we did it, and I definitely plan on doing it again next year!
Here are a few pictures from our day...
No comments:
Post a Comment